It’s June already (wow, was it not the end of December just yesterday?), so this month we get to celebrate the Dads in our world.
I have two Father’s Day card ideas to share with you today:
This card was recently featured on HSN during the Crafter’ Companion Day, and uses the Stairway die set. I used a Sheena Douglass texture die for the background, to give it a little more masculine feel. It can be difficult to create “manly” designs, when the papercrafting trends all have flowers and lace.
- Create-a-Card Stairway die & letters
- Create-a-Card black cardstock base
- Create-a-Card Fancy edge brace die
- Sheena Douglass Create-a-Flower metal die – Geometric Cutout
- Luxury cardstock- ice blue matte
- Luxury cardstock – silver glitter
- Class Act Celestial blue embossing powder
- Close to My Heart stamped sentiment
- Recollections blue baker’s twine
- Metal spring clip
- Clearsnap White pigment ink
- EK Success Foam dots
I know, it’s an old joke; Dad’s hogging the bathroom again! When I first saw the new Sheena Douglass Day of the Dead stamp set, I just knew I’d have to use El Musico here for a humorous effect. It’s a very simple card, as again I went for a more masculine “less is more” look for Dad. I did use plenty of the Spectrum Noir Sparkle pen for the background though. The sentiment is my own, printed with a rustic style font from my computer.
- Sheena Douglass Day of the Dead 2017 stamp
- Ultra Smooth white cardstock
- Spectrum Noir alcohol markers
- Spectrum Noir Sparkle pens
- Bazzill Basics brown cardstock
- Emma’s own sentiment printed from computer
Three cheers for all the great Dads, Grandads, Grandpas, Opas & Papas out there! Happy Father’s Day to you all. ❤️
Follow on WordPress.com